Thursday, February 11, 2010

Be one of the cool kids.



I wish I had these as a kid! Beats any Lisa Frank or Five Star Folder any day! This is student work submitted by Marisa Torres from Mexico City.

"Ecologiks is a line of eco-friendly school supplies. Made with recycled and post-consumer materials, Ecologiks presents an alternative to unsustainable, generic or brand name, or otherwise dull school supplies.

The brand is inspired and manufactured for children. The package offers a full range of products—mainly school supplies. We intend to offer variety packages that include notebooks, pencil cases, calendars, and other stationery."


Supafresh!


So I created this whole blog and now I'm not even blogging. Go me. I need to get back into the rhythm of this whole thing.

15 weeks of school until I graduate. Damn. Can't wait.
I can see people breaking all around me, the pressure is finally getting to them, but I can't really compare...I still gets my shit done and in the end that's what matters.

At this point you pretty much have to be willing to throw your heart and soul into everything you do. I've always noticed that other designers can tell when you bullshit.


Other notes:
Tortoise is alright. I just have to keep an eye on her. They wanted me to run all of these tests totaling up to $500 or just checking her out! Fuck dat. I'd rather just take care of her. So that's that.

I'm starting to see the end of school and the start of my career, and it's kind of thrilling. I like how I'm finally at the point where I can pretty much design whatever I want and use styles that I've always wanted to experiment with and have it look amazing.

Went to see Kyle Cooper with Tracy a couple weeks ago. I didn't realize the expanse of his work, his company even did the HP commercials with the song "Picture Book." Check out Prologue. If you don't know who Kyle Cooper is, he's most famous for doing opening credits for movies such as Se7en, Dawn of the Dead, the Spiderman series, etc. He also did the ending sequence to Tropic Thunder with Tom Cruise dancing...which is amazing by the way hahaha. Learning After Effects and seeing these people use it...I can't imagine it. I guess you need to drive and passion for it because After Effects just makes me want to drink until what I'm doing looks good lol.

I'm planning on going skydiving next month and hopefully a rally course in Florida this summer since it looks as though Poland isn't going to work out...expensive ass tickets.

I'm looking to get another tattoo next week.
I think I'm going to get my rook pierced today.

Life is starting to fall into place.

I'm doing my first photoshoot next weekend...OooOooo. I'm excite.
Should turn out pretty damn cool. I'm taking pictures of tattoos. Yum.

I'm starting to put together my portfolio for preview, I'll post some teasers here and there so you can see!

Song of the day-Heads Will Roll by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

...and Sanity by Alcarion

No comments:

Post a Comment